The Correct Way of Lifting
- You should use your legs muscles to lift heavy objects rather than your back muscles.
- You should squat, lift and then stand up, rather than bending at your waist in order to lift.
- Another risky maneuver is when you lift and twist at the same time. You should bend at your knees, lift the weight and then turn your whole body along with your feet rather than just twisting your back.
What NOT To Do While Exercising/ Stretching
- Be patient when you stretch after a workout. Know the limits of your body and never force your body to go beyond them. Stretch your limits a little each day but don’t break them. Gradually you will see the results as your body eases towards flexibility.
- Do not bounce while stretching. Use even, slow movements when you stretch. Bouncing can cause a lot of stress to your joints and muscles and will not even help you stretch any better.
- Do not overextend your joints. This can cause injury to your joints and won’t help you in any way.
- Lastly, do not do it if it hurts. If you exercise a sharp searing pain during stretching, stop! That is your body screaming that it is has had enough.
The Correct Sitting Position
- Stretch and stand up frequently.
- Make sure that you don’t slump while sitting.
- Keep your work close to you so that you don’t have to lean in.
- Position your desk slightly above your waist.Position your chain in a way that when your feet are flat on the floor, your knees should be as high as your hips. Sit on a chair that has a support for your lower back. In case it does not, keep a lumber cushion behind your lower back.
Shed Extra Pounds
Types of Back Strengthening Exercises
Hip Bridge – lie flat on your back, hip-width apart with flat feet. Relax your arms and bend your knees. Lift your hips as you squeeze your buttocks, creating a straight posture from your shoulder to your knees. Hold the position for 2 seconds and then slowly lower your body. Do this up to 10 to 12 times.
Bird Dog – get on all fours. Knees apart and hip-width under the hips. Keep your shoulder-width apart and your hand flat. Pull your belly towards your spine and squeeze the abs. Make sure your spine is neutral and without rotating the hips or arching your back extend your left arm straight and your right leg back. Hold this position for two seconds and repeat this exercise 5 to 6 times for each side.